|Spurious allusions between tv/movies and Mormonism are widespread. If people can seriously suggest that Yoda was based on Spencer W. Kimball, then I can make connections between Lost and the Bloggernacle. Utterly fatuous, I' m sure, but here goes:|
BCC and its pals in the Mormon Archipelago are clearly the front half of the plane. We're the cool, friendly ones. Times and Seasons, being evil, are the Others (aka the Dharma Initiative?) I'll let you decide who Ethan is. Banner of Heaven, being kooky, are the back half. Alternatively, BoH could be the Others, full of mystery, possibly fake. Where would that leave T&S? The boring, fatty real-world flash-backs? Time to have a wee/make a cup of tea and wait for the real action to get going. Actually, this seems more befitting of M*. The other Bloggernacle islands, atolls etc. can only be the extras who fold clothes in the background.
As for individual bloggers (besides evil Ethan who is whoever you want him to be; and drawing on the BCC/MA crew only, see above):
*Not technically in the BCC/MA, but should be.
- Kate - My wife will kill me if I choose anyone but her (same goes for Shannon). So let's say Rebecca and the FMH crew: sassy, sexy, independent
- Jack - OK, he's dishy, so again I have to be careful here. As he's the boss, one would think of Steve, but Steve's funny. Jack ain't. John Hatch has the moodiness
- Hurley - Gotta be Steve: the physical similarity is spooky
- Locke - Pretty weird, but cool too, and HARD. Stapley, then. Or Don, 'cos he's old.
- Sawyer - Handsome, snarky. One out of two would again suggest Steve. Aaron Brown, perhaps?
- Charlie - OK. Me. I play the guitar, I have the accent, I snort...
- Michael - Exceptionally nice guy. Choose from Rusty or Geoff J. Will he find Walt? What does the future hold? Is Lost the council of heaven?
- Walt - John Fowles. Where's he gone?
- Jin - For speaking a language above most of us: Nate Oman. Wait, he's an Other, possibly the evil genius (Alvar Honso) behind it all along with Wenger. So it must be Justin Butterfield
- Sun - Dave. Because he and Justin belong together (I still miss the DMI-Wasp superblog)
- Rose - Not seen very often, but good for calming things down a bit: Karen, Kristen J, KHH, Elisabeth*
- Boone (or the teacher who got blown up) - choose your favourite dearly-departed blogger