Messiah David Ben Cameron

Let me see if I can convey the sense of human loathing I sometimes feel towards politics. So, I'm liking the new British Tory leader, David Cameron. Firstly, New Labour needs a good kicking. Secondly, Cameron isn't an uber-weird Tory (see William Hague, Iain Duncan Smith, Michael Howard). Thirdly, he seems to represent a genuine liberal-conservatism [1] that appeals to me. Good luck to him. As of today, I would vote Conservative in the next election. But as a wise man once said:
We have learned by sad experience that it is the nature and disposition of almost all men, as soon as they get a little authority, as they suppose, they will immediately begin to exercise unrighteous dominion.
I want to like David Cameron, but I just know that should the Tories return to government it won't be long before I stop liking him. He'd be lying and being shifty before you can say, "Tony Blair" (whom we all loved back in 1997).

Also, the Tories' "compassionate conservatism" mantra really makes me shudder. Said W back in the day:
"I am a fiscal conservative [2] and a family conservative. And I am a compassionate conservative, because I know my philosophy is optimistic and full of hope for every American."
So, "compassionate conservative" looks to me like a Right Winger who just wants to sound nice. Anyway, sorry for such an utterly cynical and unsubstantive comment. It must be a rainy day in March. I wanna like politicians, but I find it so damn hard. Cameron makes me feel optimistic but I just don't trust him.

_________
[1] Utterly oxymoronic, I know, but such is the modern political landscape. Left is Right. Tony is Maggie.
[2] LOL