Help me understand Hillary Clinton hatred

I did not live in America during the Clinton years and so I feel I am missing some essential piece of the Hillary hatred puzzle. Help this poor Brit understand. In a Gallup poll in January, 51 percent of respondents said they would definitely not vote for Hillary Clinton.

"Definitely not." Wow. That's some hatred. But what's at the root of it? Here are some of the random associations I make regarding Mrs. Clinton:

Strong, independent woman.
Liberal.
Tried to reform America's healthcare system.
Stood by her man.
Ambitious.
Some whiff of a scandal (never proven) about some investment in some corporation.

Is it the scandal? Is it simply her liberalism? Is it Bill? Is it because people cannot abide an ambitious woman?

Americans, explain your (or your compatriots') Hillary hatred.