Sinclair Pt. II

I got an email from one of the Sinclair advertisers that I wrote to about the Kerry documentary. I thought you'd be interested in seeing it:

October 14, 2004

Mr. David D. Smith
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc.
10706 Beaver Dam Road
Hunt Valley, MD 21030

Dear Mr. Smith:

I am writing regarding a matter of deep concern. We have received well
over 1,000 e-mails from consumers threatening to boycott our salons due to
anti-Kerry political programming your stations are planning to run. The
argument is that since we advertise on some of your stations, we are
supporting this programming. To be clear, we do not condone or participate
in political activities. These divisive activities are best left to
individuals.

Therefore, we are demanding that your stations not run any of our
advertisements during or adjacent to this political programming. In the
event this reasonable demand is not adhered to, we will hold your company
completely responsible for any damages we sustain.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Sincerely,
REGIS CORPORATION

Not that it has made an difference: Fox Baltimore are showing A POW Story: Politics, Pressure and the Media at 8pm tomorrow. I'm going to watch it, and if anyone else is so inclined, let's discuss it here.

My two questions are:

1. Is it propaganda?
2. If so, is it wrong that public-airwave news coverage can be so partisan?

I have already answered question 2 (yes, it is wrong), but everything hangs on question 1. I will answer after Friday.